HousingWithin the city you will find a diverse range of neighbourhoods and housing options for families, students and business people. Neighbourhoods are quiet and safe, with many green spaces and places to walk, bike or jog, and an abundance of parks and trails. While the price of real estate has been rising in the last few years, it is cheaper than in large cities such as Toronto or Ottawa. The rental market has also seen a slow rise in prices as it reflects the real estate market.
When renting or buying in, or around the city, there are many things to consider:
- What are my rights as a tenant?Learn about your rights as a tenant, and find who can help protect those rights.
- Where do I find apartments and houses to rent or buy?This section has information on where to search for a home to rent or buy in Peterborough, as well as information on finding temporary accommodations for when you first arrive.
- How do I choose a neighbourhood?Peterborough has many beautiful neighbourhoods to choose from. This section contains information you should know before deciding which one is right for you.
- What do I need to know before renting or buying?Read this section for important information you should know before you rent or buy a home.
- How much does it cost to rent or buy a home in Peterborough?Find out how much rent, utilities, and property taxes typically cost for various types of housing in Peterborough.
Can't find what you need? Visit our FAQ section