Once you move to Peterborough, there is a lot of information that you will need to have in order to get settled into the community. This section provides some answers to your questions about settling into the community, and links to organizations that can help you.
- Who can help me get settled?Local immigrant services can help you to adjust to life in your new community and provide answers to your questions.
- Where do I find local information and available services?This section provides local information and information on services available in Peterborough.
- How can I get involved in the community?Volunteering can help you get involved in the community, help others, practice your English, meet new friends and gain Canadian work experience.
- What if I am having trouble coping?Moving to a new country can be very stressful. You will face many challenges and new experiences, and life may be overwhelming at times. If you are having trouble getting used to life in Canada, you should know that this is not unusual, and you are not alone. Help is available from many organizations.
- Monthly Life CalendarA newcomer's guide to the weather in Peterborough, with holidays and useful seasonal reminders.