LivingPeterborough is affordable, safe and welcoming. It is a great place to live, work, and raise children. With a university, a community college, and a vibrant downtown, the city is full of energy and life. For an overview of the quality of life in Peterborough, please read this comprehensive report created by the Peterborough Social Planning Council.
- Getting SettledAnswers to your questions about settling into the community, and links to organizations that can help you.
- HousingInformation about owning or renting a home in Peterborough, including where to look, how much it will cost, and your rights as a tenant.
- Food and ShoppingAn overview of where and how to find food, clothes, and other things you will need to buy in Peterborough.
- Personal FinanceAn overview of the cost of living, banking, income tax, and related information.
- HealthAll Canadians have access to free, quality health care. This section explains how you can access the health care system after moving to Peterborough.
- TransportationInformation about travelling around Peterborough on foot, by bike, by car, and by public transportation. This section also includes information on inter-city travel.
- Child CareInformation on the various types of child care services available and financial assistance that may help you pay for it.
- EducationInformation on education for yourself and your children, including getting your credentials recognized and improving English skills.
- PetsLearn what you need to know about bringing your pet into Canada, get details about pet ownership in Peterborough as well as animal welfare information.
- Arts and CultureFind out about the many cultural experiences and entertainment options that await you in Peterborough.
- RecreationInformation on the many recreational opportunities in and around Peterborough.
- GovernmentThe Government section of the website describes the levels and types of government that affect residents of Peterborough.
- Places of WorshipPeterborough welcomes people of all faiths. This section will help you find places to worship.
- Staying In ContactThere are many ways to stay in contact with family and friends back home, even if you don't yet have your own computer and telephone.
- Peterborough and the EnvironmentRead about local environmental initiatives.
- Garbage and RecyclingInformation on the City of Peterborough's waste removal services.
- WeatherBe prepared for Peterborough's weather before you arrive!
- Monthly Life CalendarA newcomer's guide to the weather in Peterborough, with holidays and useful seasonal reminders.
Can't find what you need? Visit our FAQ section