Translation provided by Google Translator Google Logo| Translation Disclaimer
Reduce the text sizeRestore the text sizeIncrease the text size
Welcome Peterborough Logo
Generic image of Peterborough
How do I immigrate to Peterborough?
Who can help me with the immigration process?
Working In Canada
International Students
Before I Arrive
The First Days
Who can help me get settled?
How do I become a Canadian citizen?
Canadian Values
Story Gallery


PIP Logo

International Students

Canada welcomes international students, and the City of Peterborough invites you to choose a local institution as your education destination. Please note: if you plan on studying in Canada for more than six months, you will need a study permit.

Trent University, Fleming College, Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board and Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board all accept international students and offer a range of support services to help you transition to life in Canada. These services may include:

  • English language programs
  • Arrival Services and International Student Orientation
  • Health Insurance
  • Clubs and cultural activities
  • and a wide variety of other supports.

Contact the institution for more information about how to apply.

For more information about studying in Canada, as well as other Canadian immigration programs such as the Post-Graduate Work Permit, please contact Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.


Can't find what you need? Visit our FAQ section