Peterborough is proud of its long-standing tradition as a city founded by immigrants. The Immigrant population continues to increase in the Peterborough area.
While exciting, the process of coming to Canada to live, work, or study is complex. It requires a lot of time and money, and certain criteria must be met. Come to Canada is a helpful interactive guide provided by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, it can help you determine whether you are eligible to visit or immigrate to Canada.
This section provides an overview of the immigration process as well as local information you will need to settle in Peterborough. Additional information on the immigration process can be found at the following:
You can also contact the New Canadians Centre Peterborough for assistance.
- How do I immigrate to Peterborough?If you want to immigrate to Canada, you need to have legal immigration status.
- Who can help me with the immigration process?Information on local Immigration experts, government officials, immigration consultants and lawyers.
- Working In CanadaLearn more about the Federal Skilled Workers and Provincial Nominee programs, Student Work Permits and the CIIP (Canadian Immigrant Integration Project) that provides valuable information and training sessions on what is required to work in Canada. CIIP has several regional overseas offices.
- International Student ProgramsTrent University and Fleming College offer outstanding international student educational opportunities with students attending from around the world.
- Before I ArriveHelpful checklists of things to do before you leave your home country.
- After I ArriveHelpful checklists of things to do after you arrive in Canada.
- Getting SettledAnswers to your questions about settling into the community, and links to organizations that can help you.
- How do I become a Canadian citizen?Information on how to apply for Canadian citizenship.
- Story Gallery