Peterborough combines the benefits of an urban center in a beautiful natural setting. With an ideal mix of city and country living, Peterborough has something for everyone.
Located in an area known for its beautiful rivers, lakes and forests, Peterborough is also known as the gateway to “cottage country.” People come from around the world to hike, swim, ski, and just relax while enjoying the natural beauty of the Peterborough area.
Complementing the natural environment that surrounds it, Peterborough is a vibrant urban centre that celebrates its rich culture and heritage. The city boasts a thriving arts scene that reflects its diverse cultural history. The city has a rich sporting heritage that is reflected in the many sporting facilities, teams and leagues and the available recreational opportunities.
In this section you can learn more about what makes Peterborough a great place to live.
- About the CityPeterborough has something for everyone. Click here to find out what our city has for you!
- About the RegionPeterborough is a gateway to many exciting places. This section has information about things to see and do in places near Peterborough.
- History of Immigration to PeterboroughRead about the people who have built Peterborough into the great city it is today.
- Diversity in PeterboroughRead about what makes this city a diverse community and about various diversity initiatives.
- Canadian ValuesEvery society has values that are important to its members and that make it unique. Canada is no exception. In this section you can learn about Canadian values and culture.
- WeatherBe prepared for Peterborough's weather before you arrive!
- Local News and Events